Yamaha KT-100 Go Kart Engine Motor Mount by Odenthal. This motor mount is a "3rd Bearing" type mount, designed specifically to support the Yamaha KT 100 engine and crankshaft. Whether you are racing the engine in direct drive, dry clutch, or wet clutch setup, this motor mount is for you!
Easy removal of the 3rd bearing mount plate makes changing your clutch setup easy, while keeping the engine performing solidly and making chain adjustments super simple!
Odenthal's 3rd Bearing mount is the answer to keeping your KT 100 engine running cool, in place, and in the race! A commitment to precision manufacturing and engineering sets these mounts apart from others on the market. Adjusting your chain tension is now super simple, and really fast! Each Odenthal mount comes with a variety of clamp options to make installation of the mount perfect no matter your kart model or make.
Odenthal's KT 100 motor mount is designed to fit with common European frame rail tube sizes (28, 30, 32mm) with either 90 or 92mm rail spacing. Note that this mount does not feature Odenthal's 'EZ-Set' technology, to lower the cost and keep this engine mount more rigid than other models, helping isolate the motor from chassis flex to prevent binding of the power train system.
Each 3rd-Bearing motor mount comes with all hardware needed to mount your engine to the motor mount, including:
- Odenthal 3rd Bearing Motor Mount Plate (Support and Base Plate)
- (2) Cross-Drilled M6 bolts for safety wire for 3rd Bearing Support
- (2) M10 Threaded bolts (for Clamps)
- (2) Motor Mount Clamps with appropriate frame rail spacing
- (4) M6 Threaded Motor Mount Studs (w/4mm Allen Head)
- Odenthal Sticker - now in Chrome!
Finding the right motor mount and clamp configuration for your chassis can be daunting. Fortunately, we are here to make it easier for you! Odenthal's motor mounts come with several clamp and base-plate options, which means that the ultimate fit for your chassis is perfect, every time. However, a little measurement is necessary to ensure things fit this way!
Consider the following example:
To find the right motor mount for your chassis, examine the area of your kart chassis that is used for fixation of your motor mount and engine. For most karts, this is on the driver's right, near the rear axle, and can be found by looking for a portion of the frame that features two parallel tubes.
The dimensions of your motor mount is directly related to both the spacing between your motor mount frame rails, and the outer diameter of the chassis tubing itself:
- "K" type spacing means that center-center between these tubes is 90.0mm. This is more common on many CRG-derived chassis.
- "I" type spacing means that center-center between these tubes is 90.0mm. This is a more common spacing on European karts, but be sure to double check your chassis!
To determine which frame rail spacing your kart has, take two measurements:
- Measure the outer-outer distance of the frame rails. That is to say, from the outer edge of one frame rail, to the outer edge of the other frame rail. Typically, this will be a measurement between 118mm and 124mm.
- Measure the outer diameter of either frame rail. Most commonly, karts utilize 28.0, 30.0, or 32.0mm frame rail tubes.
Now, subtract your frame rail diameter from the outer-outer measurement, and you have your frame rail spacing! Remember, this should be a value of 90.0mm or 92.0mm.
Note on Measuring: For best results, Point Karting recommends using a set of digital calipers, with a range of motion of at least 130.0mm.