Metric set screws for racing go karts. Choose from a variety of fine and coarse set screws for your kart axle and bearings. Each set screw is ideal for securing the rear axle in place through bearing carriers (often using pre-drilled and tapped holes in the bearing, usually 2-3 set screws per bearing).
- Set Screws come in several sizes and lengths:
- M5: Somewhat common on Kid Kart or Cadet chassis, as well as in steering hardware.
- M6: Common on many Kid Kart, Cadet, and select full-size chassis.
M8: Ideal for many modern full-size cadet and full-size chassis.
- All set screws are 1.00 thread pitch unless otherwise noted!
- Available in several point options:
- Burnished Point: This point option means that the tapered end of the set screw is 'knurled,' and therefore has additional biting components to bite into the axle to prevent lateral slip during operation.
- Burnished / Flattened Point: This point option means that the tapered end of the set screw is 'blunt,' and therefore is considered the best set screw option for many axles as it doesn't dig into the axle as aggressively as a cup or tip point set screw.
- Each set screw sold separately.