2-Cycle EZ-Set Motor Mount for go kart engines by Odenthal. This mount fits a variety of racing engines including IAME KA 100, X 30, ROK, Rotax, PRD, Parilla, and many more! This engine mount is perfect for rapid adjustment of your chain tension while still ensuring the engine stays in place on any chassis, every time.
This motor mount features a flat (0 Degree) top plate component, which bolts to a variety of 2-cycle racing engines. A universal base plate helps ensure your Odenthal mount will fit your chassis, no matter the frame rail spacing or size!
Odenthal's satin-black anodize process and precise manufacturing tolerances ensure that no matter you motor or chassis, this mount will hold your motor in place, and in style.
Odenthal has revised their motor mount design several times over the years. Now, the EZ-set mount is the result! With rapid adjustment made possible by a 2-part mount that holds the base plate secure while allowing the top plate to slide when adjuster bolts are loosened, changing your sprocket is rapid and simple. Also, removal of your engine from the chassis is super simple, making work in the pits before, during, and after the race that much faster and easier.
Unlike many motor mounts in their range, this EZ-Set motor mount features a flat top plate, with 0 degree of inclination. For many racing engines, this ensures proper fitment of the engine on the chassis for best clearance of the drive train for the engine drive sprocket, chain guard, and top edge of the top motor mount plate. This can also help the motor have a proper intake angle for the air filter, preventing the need to adjust the intake filter or air box angle.
Each motor mount comes with all hardware needed to mount your engine to the motor mount, including:
- Odenthal EZ-Set Top Plate, Base Plate, and (2) Clamps
- (4) M10 Threaded bolts (clamp bolts, and slider / top plate bolts)
- (2) M10 washers (for EZ-Set slider mechanism)
- (4) M8 x 35mm To bolt engine to top plate.
- Odenthal Sticker - now in Chrome!
Finding the right motor mount and clamp configuration for your chassis can be daunting. Fortunately, we are here to make it easier for you! Odenthal's motor mounts come with several clamp and base-plate options, which means that the ultimate fit for your chassis is perfect, every time. However, a little measurement is necessary to ensure things fit this way!
Consider the following example:
To find the right motor mount for your chassis, examine the area of your kart chassis that is used for fixation of your motor mount and engine. For most karts, this is on the driver's right, near the rear axle, and can be found by looking for a portion of the frame that features two parallel tubes.
The dimensions of your motor mount is directly related to both the spacing between your motor mount frame rails, and the outer diameter of the chassis tubing itself:
- "K" type spacing means that center-center between these tubes is 90.0mm. This is more common on many CRG-derived chassis.
- "I" type spacing means that center-center between these tubes is 90.0mm. This is a more common spacing on European karts, but be sure to double check your chassis!
To determine which frame rail spacing your kart has, take two measurements:
- Measure the outer-outer distance of the frame rails. That is to say, from the outer edge of one frame rail, to the outer edge of the other frame rail. Typically, this will be a measurement between 118mm and 124mm.
- Measure the outer diameter of either frame rail. Most commonly, karts utilize 28.0, 30.0, or 32.0mm frame rail tubes.
Now, subtract your frame rail diameter from the outer-outer measurement, and you have your frame rail spacing! Remember, this should be a value of 90.0mm or 92.0mm.
Note on Measuring: For best results, Point Karting recommends using a set of digital calipers, with a range of motion of at least 130.0mm.