EZ-Set Motor Mount for 2-cycle go kart engines by Odenthal. With 'Euro' style motor mount clamps ideal for 30mm frame tubes, this mount is an excellent option for IAME KA 100, IAME X 30, Rotax, ROK, PRD go kart engines, as well as many more!
With a top plate featuring a 5 degree angle, this motor mount is ideal for 30mm frame rails with either 90 or 92mm rail spacing. Included 'Euro' style mount clamps wrap fully around the frame tubes to further support the motor mount.
Odenthal's EZ-Set line of motor mounts is the result of continuous evolution of motor mounts over several years. A commitment to precision manufacturing and engineering sets these mounts apart from others on the market. Adjusting your chain tension is now super simple, and really fast!
Like several brands, Odenthal has taken a two-piece approach to the EZ-Set line of mounts, with a base plate held in place by frame clamps, and interchangeable top plates that mount to the engine, which can slide back / forth on the base plate for easy chain tension adjustment.
Each motor mount comes with all hardware needed to mount your engine to the motor mount, including:
- Odenthal EZ-Set Top Plate, Base Plate, and (2) 'Euro Style' Clamps
- (4) M10 Threaded bolts
- (2) M10 washers (for EZ-Set slider mechanism)
- (4) M6 Threaded Motor Mount Studs (w/4mm Allen Head)
- (4) M6 Metal Lock Nuts (to clamp down on motor once mounted on engine mount)
- Odenthal Sticker - now in Chrome!
The 'Euro' line of frame clamps from Odenthal is further refined over the standard motor mount clamp options. These clamps feature 'wings' which wrap fully around the frame rails to improve support of the mount system.
A slight recess of the main clamp retention bolt prevents scraping of the head on the track as well, which is a nice feature to prolong the life of your motor mount and prevent one of the most frustrating issues at the track we have experienced - where the main clamp bolts are worn down to where you can't use an allen tool to remove them!
Finding the right motor mount and clamp configuration for your chassis can be daunting. Fortunately, we are here to make it easier for you! Odenthal's motor mounts come with several clamp and base-plate options, which means that the ultimate fit for your chassis is perfect, every time. However, a little measurement is necessary to ensure things fit this way!
Consider the following example:
To find the right motor mount for your chassis, examine the area of your kart chassis that is used for fixation of your motor mount and engine. For most karts, this is on the driver's right, near the rear axle, and can be found by looking for a portion of the frame that features two parallel tubes.
The dimensions of your motor mount is directly related to both the spacing between your motor mount frame rails, and the outer diameter of the chassis tubing itself:
- "K" type spacing means that center-center between these tubes is 90.0mm. This is more common on many CRG-derived chassis.
- "I" type spacing means that center-center between these tubes is 90.0mm. This is a more common spacing on European karts, but be sure to double check your chassis!
To determine which frame rail spacing your kart has, take two measurements:
- Measure the outer-outer distance of the frame rails. That is to say, from the outer edge of one frame rail, to the outer edge of the other frame rail. Typically, this will be a measurement between 118mm and 124mm.
- Measure the outer diameter of either frame rail. Most commonly, karts utilize 28.0, 30.0, or 32.0mm frame rail tubes.
Now, subtract your frame rail diameter from the outer-outer measurement, and you have your frame rail spacing! Remember, this should be a value of 90.0mm or 92.0mm.
Note on Measuring: For best results, Point Karting recommends using a set of digital calipers, with a range of motion of at least 130.0mm.