Honda GXH50 Engine, with 16T #219 Drive Sprocket and clutch, engine mount, and chain guard. This kit is truly bolt-on and go racing! Just add oil and fuel!
The Honda GXH50 engine is the backbone of the Kid Kart category. The single-piston, dual-valve motor makes about 3 horsepower, and will propel the Kid Kart to approximately 35-40 mph.
The Honda GXH50 engine kit available here includes the motor assembly complete, with the clutch assembly with 16T drive sprocket included.
When we say Race Ready, we mean it! Here's what comes with the kit:
- Honda GXH50 engine, sealed from Honda HPD
- Clutch Package, including 16T Drive Sprocket (#219)
- Chain Guard Package, with bolts
- Odenthal GXH50 Engine Mount
- D.I.D. 108 Link Kart Chain (HTM model, low drag)
- Black Diamond 89 T sprocket
- #52 Jet (engines come with various jets from factory, #52 is spec for racing)
This completes the motor package for all Kid Karts!
A Note on Specification and Model
For Kid Kart racers currently, the full model designation for competition is the Honda GXH50 UT QXA. In previous years (prior to 2014) there was a model noted as the Honda GXH50 U QXA. This has been discontinued as of 2014. This was primarily done to reduce emissions from the engine, as this engine is utilized in a variety of applications, not just racing.
We note this information as some customers have specifically requested the Honda GXH50 U QXA, and wanted to inform racers that this model is no longer produced. The UT QXA now supersedes it.