Brake pads for CRG and associated brands of racing go karts from various eras. Manufactured by IKP.
We carry these options:
- VEN 99: This brake system is found on most CRG karts in the United States that are Pre-2005. Consult our brake caliper images and diagrams to see if you have a VEN 99 Era system. For this system, there is one (standard pad) option available.
- VEN 04: This system was short-lived, and only found on CRG's from ~2003-2006. It was a dual-piston, relatively small brake caliper. Pads for this are denoted by a single retention bolt point with a 'triangle' type shape on the top of the pad backing.
- VEN 05, VEN 09, VEN 11: This system was the next generation of brake caliper for CRG, and associated brands (Zanardi, Tibi, etc). This caliper is typically seen on CRG chassis from years 2005 to 2015. For this system, there are (3) compounds available.
- Cadet (old): This pad was utilized by several CRG cadet models that did not utilize the floating rotor. Take a close look at the technical diagram, and note the thickness of the pad as delivered. This pad is available in (2) compounds.
(see the dropdown menu for choices available for your brake system)
- "Red Carbon" compound is a standard pad. It is a medium compound designed to work with all applications (unless otherwise noted).
- Ferodo KA compound (organic). This compound works well across a wide temperature range, but is more aggressive in stopping power than the Red Carbon.
- IKP "Green" (Duralcan / Ceramic). This compound is designed specifically for ceramic brake systems for CRG. Do not use this pad without also utilizing a ceramic brake rotor ("Duralcan" is Italian for Ceramic).
A set of brake pads consists of one pair (2 pads).
- **Point Karting strongly recommends double-checking the provided dimensional diagram to ensure you order the right pads for your kart! If you have questions, reach out to us, we are happy to help.**