The latest kart rib protection innovation from Valhalla Racing and Armadillo, the Gen 4 Rib Protector is a new era in outstanding rib and chest protection by the leading producer in the sector.
Designed to absorb frontal and chest impacts for drivers in go karts, BMX, and other power sports, the GEN 4 Rib vest is popular across a variety of powersports applications.
With an updated design over the Gen 3, the GEN 4 features a massive front chest plate for outstanding frontal impact protection. Reinforced anchors and webbing further demonstrate Valhalla's commitment to a superior device, with additional padding surrounding the shoulder and upper back area a further update on this rib protection device.
- Integrated chest protection device, SFI certified for use with youth racers in karting (mandatory for chest and rib protection to be worn during competition events across many karting sanctioning bodies in the United States).
- Adjustable cross-straps with hardened nylon componentry prevents lateral or vertical slip of protector in frontal impacts. Reinforced front plate with reverse padding provide a comfortable yet strong safety device.
- Vest can be worn inside our outside of suit with minimal intrusion or inconvenience.
- The Armadillo GEN 4 Chest Protection devices is available in 4 sizes: Kid Kart, Junior, Junior II, and Medium
- For more information on the right size for you, consult the sizing diagram (see photos).
- Note that despite being called a "medium," this vest option fits most large adolescents or adults quite easily. For more information, see how to measure yourself for the device with the sizing chart, then consult the drop down menu for the torso measurement of your choice.
- Note on fitment and fine-tuning: For ideal fit, once adjusted, a rib vest should provide resistance in the chest area when breath is fully inhaled and held. A significant pressure should be felt against rib area at this point, attempting to push air out of lungs. If this sensation is not felt, the rib vest is adjusted too loose. If, however, the rib vest feels constricting for 0-70% of normal lung capacity, the rib vest is adjusted too tight.
- Each Armadillo GEN 4 Chest Protection Device sold separately.