The DR S97 chassis is one of the most adaptable chassis within the DR Kart line up. From the low horsepower categories like Yamaha KT 100 to Shifter KZ, the S97 is well-suited to work with a variety of engine packages and drivers.
Constructed of of molybdenum steel with 30mm tubing throughout, the S97 may seem simple on the surface, but decades of development by DR Kart have gone into this chassis.
A wide array of front and rear torsion bars are available to place into the chassis, which makes fine-tuning the performance and driving feel of the kart a cinch for many racers. Additional adjustments to caster/camber, front and rear ride heights, hub width, etc. are easily achievable with the Sniper SA1 system.
With the Steel braking option, you are selecting the standard brake rotor and package, which performs exceptionally well in most applications. The DR VEN09/10 package has been updated and refined over several iterations to continually offer more and more stopping power, while still maintaining a progressive, no-fade feel that drivers like.
With the Duralcan option, you are selecting the upgraded VEN 11 Ceramic rotors and brake pads. Together, these can handle any engine or horsepower application you can throw at them, stopping with serious power while maintaining a progressive feel that many drivers like.
- Frame Material: Chrom Molybdenum Steel
- Tubing Diameter: All 30mm
- Wheelbase: 1,045 mm
- Rear Track Width: Standard at 1040mm (55").
- Braking System: DR VEN 09/10 (Cast Iron), or DR VEN 11 (Ceramic).
- Front brake option is available with the S97 KZ (shifter kart chassis) model.
- Available with various size NEK or standard fiberglass resin seat sizes.
- Standard seat sizing: 0 is smallest, 5 is largest.