The latest kart rib protection innovation from Valhalla Racing and Armadillo, the Gen 4 Rib Protection Device for kart racers is specifically SFI approved for younger drivers.
Designed to absorb frontal and chest impacts for drivers in karts, BMX, and other power sports, the chest protector is even popular with youth players in baseball.
With an updated design, the GEN 4 improves on the outstanding Generation 3 design, back with even beefier side and anchor protection. A full-coverage molded plastic inlay covers a padded reverse panel, itself padded in such a way to prevent lateral slip and impact absorption during use. The Armadillo Rib Protector is for adults that do not need to utilize a chest protection device. For these racers, Armadillo and Team Valhalla have delivered another outstanding product that serves as the premier choice in kart racing rib protection.
- Chest Protector is not integrated into any rib vest. As a result, it can be worn by any driver regardless of brand of rib vest.
- Adjustable cross-straps with hardened nylon componentry prevents lateral or vertical slip of protector in frontal impacts. Reinforced front plate with reverse padding provide a comfortable yet strong safety device.
- Vest can be worn inside our outside of suit with minimal intrusion or inconvenience.
- The Armadillo GEN 4 Chest Protector is available in two sizes - VA 1, and VA 2. The VA 1 is typically correct in sizing for young drivers ages 5-8, while the VA 2 is for young adolescents ages 8-12.
- For more information on the right size for you, consult the sizing diagram (see photos).
- Each Armadillo GEN 4 Chest Protection Device sold separately.